Forest cleaning

What did you organize, when, where and for how many people? 
Forest cleaning in Bercel. I organised a community outreach for my colleges in UNICEF.



What were the main goals and objectives of the activity?

Experience the teamwork not just in the office but on the "field". Breathing clean air and getting to know the countryside. And last but not least cleaning the forest from the illegal trash.


What were the main outcomes and results of the activity? 
Some of my colleagues did become friends and all the reviews were great. Everyone loved what we did and seeing the progress and the clean area filled us up. We did have time to walk around the village and getting know the a bit more about it. Fortunately the local community and the major of the village could meet us and support us with a lunch and local drinks, and after the lunch we could gained with lot of informations about their life and future.



Are there any other relevant aspects related to the activity, a conclusion or future plan? 

All the colleagues loved this activity and we felt it very successful so in the next year we would like to go back for a next community outreach. I think the key of the success were the new skills what I get from the Eco Facilitator Training in March where I did learn to coordinate a group. My colleges did talk a lot about why it is very important to do something about our Nature around us and why it is extremely important to protect it with this kind of activities. Also we know how big progress can a community make in this change. We were tired physically but fulfilled mentally. I made some minor mistakes organising the event but I feel I learned a lot thought this experience and next time it will be even better. I hope I can use my community building and problem solving skills as well in the future activities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About the blog

A local swapshop and charity-bank in Pécs

Critical Mass Oviedo